So excited to announce this! See more info below and be sure to apply! http://rhizome.org/commissions/
The Rhizome | Tumblr Internet Art Grant expands upon Rhizome’s existing Commissions program to specifically target Tumblr’s significant artistic community. The Internet Art Grant will award three commissioning awards with a special focus on projects from emerging artists engaged with Tumblr.
The grants will be determined by a jury of art and Tumblr experts: Massimiliano Gioni, Associate Director and Director of Exhibitions at the New Museum and Artistic Director of the 55th Venice Biennale; Laurie Anderson, noted experimental performance artist and musician; Jon Rafman, leading contemporary artist; Zoë Salditch, Rhizome’s Program Director; and Topherchris, Tumblr Editorial Director.
In honor of Valentines Day I will be posting several artists with love inspired pieces from society6.
Great valentines wrapping tutorial. So easy and creative.(via The House That Lars Built.: 2 simple Valentine’s Day gift wrapping ideas)
Free shipping in my society6 store! Check it out please! <3
(via Jessa J Casual Outfit)
1. Casual Military Inspired
3. Wedding Look
4. Night Out
I absolutely love this.
This DIY project from A Beautiful Mess is sure to spruce up any room in your house! I’d love to try it on a piece or vintage furniture as well! Which shape will you choose for your own stamped statement?
<3 Jillian, ModStylist
Need styling suggestions, trend tips, or dress details? Ask a ModStylist and your question might be featured on our feed!
Too awesome, Must do. Sorry I’ve been MIA recently followers. I’ve been really busy with school and some art projects. I have good material coming I promise!
Lance Armstrong by Plastic Jesus
Ahh I knew it! As soon as I saw the first lady’s ensemble I had to do a double take. Her dress looked like Jason Wu’s aesthetic at first glance but didn’t think she would choose him again, guess I was right in the first place! Hahaha. I gotta say, when a (first lol) lady finds a designer she likes, she remains loyal. Once again Michelle Obama chose Jason Wu to design her inauguration ball dress. If you haven’t seen it yet it’s a beautiful red halter dress showcasing her toned arms and beautiful body. It’s pretty darn amazing. Jimmy Choo designed the shoes to accompany her gown.
By the way Jill Biden looks gorgeous as well in a blue gown.
Photos and more information on The Atlantic.
The Society6 artist of the week is Peony Yip, also known as The White Deer. Personally I’ve loved her work for a while now but just discovered her on society6 and I’m completely thrilled that I can buy her work now :). If you like her etherial, feminine, and provocative work as much as I do you can find her on society6 and her social networking sites.
Girls style tutorials are coming :). Hannah, Marnie, Jessa, and Shoshanna will all be featured one at a time. Stay tuned!
So this is super cool. Ben West and Felix Heyes made a reference book, they simply call it Google, and it has an image for every word in the dictionary. Each picture is the first image that shows up in google images when the word is searched, and some of the responses are quite hilarious. Austin Considine on Motherboard wrote an article on the piece of art and it demonstrates some examples. Pretty awesome stuff, just in case the internet ever turns off. I want to be there to see the archaeologist’s reaction when he uncovers this and he turns to a page to find the result of troll. By the way, I just searched it and the first result totally is troll face.
There’s a party in my pants, and everybody’s voting
Support your party by well, letting them in your pants (unless they’re trying to control your reproductive rights, then gtfo). Not only are these super comfortable, the serged seams and attached lace edging work so well together to show no panty lines and make your booty look fantastic. I personally have the democratic pair and I love them :). Unfortunately there isn’t a libertarian or green party option but if you must have your party supported in your pants, you can send in your old t-shirts (like your old Jill Stein 2012 campaign tee) and they will turn them into panties for you! How freaking cool is that!?
Katniss Everdeen for everyday.
1. Arrow Necklace - by MadebyMaru - Come on, how could I not include an arrow in a Katniss Look? This necklace is subtle but bad ass and gives the right essence to this outfit.
2. Bird Earrings - by trystbykerry - I wanted to keep this look not costumey so I kept with a subtle hint to the “mocking jay” theme of The Hunger Games.
3. Dark Green Sheer Blouse - by Rag & Bone Katniss is feminine but tough and this top exudes her strength and femininity. The dark army green is inspired but the forests of the hunger games and some of her outfits. Wear either a dark camisole or a lace bralette like I suggested in the #7 photo. Personally I would tuck this shirt into my jeans or skirt for a more utilitarian look appropriate for this outfit but the choice is yours.
4. Krista Super Skinny Leather Crop Pants - Hudson When thinking about what look I should put together for her I immediately thought of a pair of hudson skinnys I have. Hudsons are quality and in this leather bordeaux pant with a wax coating, to me the screamed Katniss. This is a subtle reminiscence of her shiny black weather raincoat without well, looking like you should be asking for candy while carrying around a jack-o-latern pail.
5. Jenna Dick Short Boot - by Frye - I thought about adding a riding boot to this outfit, because well it would make the most sense but I veered away from the obvious choice to this short Frye boot. It still nods to a riding boot but the studs and short length adds a more modern take to a classic boot style.
6. Asymmetric Leather Zip Jacket - by Vince I can’t gush enough about how much I love Vince designs so I’ll spare you all that lengthy paragraph. This jacket is casual but impeccable quality. Perfect addition to this look nodding to the leather jacket she wears in the first few scenes in the film but the camel color breaks up the dark colors making this style look more balanced and complete.
7. Black Lace Crop Bralette - Free People Like I said earlier it’s your choice whether to wear a chic bralette top or camisole underneath the sheer rag & bone blouse. Either will work and it depends on the occasion you wear to. Shopping with your friends or a night out with your friends? Perfect for the bralette. Your retail job or dinner with your folks? I’d stick with the cami.
8. To top it off add a leather grown up backpack - by Marc by Marc Jacobs
Makeup Should be rather subtle. Add a gold shimmer to your eyes with a defined brow and nude lip (I love spanish pink from Tom Ford’s makeup collection) then use bronzer to define you cheekbones. Here you can find a wonderful tutorial to recreate the signature Katniss braid from one of my favorite blogs refinery29.